Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy Shipmast, ho ho ho

Blimey, Christmas is upon us and before I get showered up for the staff Christmas party (curry of course) tonight I am popping you the last missive before Christmas and almost certainly the last before the New Year. So have a great one wherever you are.

Now this Thursday. Don't be boring and instead come along to see 3 ace bands (believe me, I chose them!); Drinkme, Dega Breaks and Beverley. You can have a listen at www.myspace.com/drinkmeonline, www.myspace.com/thedegabreaks, www.myspace.com/beverley

It is a mere £4 on the door and a mere £3 with a print of this. DJ Jonny will be playing indie and electro stuff in between the bands and until 1am too. Plus free mince pies and a free ever so exclusive "the Good Ship" badge. You lucky people!

On Christmas Eve, Maurice will play a bit of yuletide fayre. You know the good stuff by Shane McGowan, the Waitresses, Nat King Cole. If I can persuade him he might put on a bit of Slade and Wizzard too, I think he thinks they're crap though. Bah. We will be open til 2am that night.

Now for New Year's Eve extravaganza I have 57 people pre confirmed with names. We are open til 4am and Maurice will be playing Motown, ska, soul, some punk and indie and some classic house. Nick C will take over and play lots of hands in the air house, 88 style plus Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, New Order etc. If everyone is good we may even stay open an extra hour. I know loads of you are coming but if you haven't confirmed it with me then please let me know asap as we would prefer to have a good excuse to turn away the do as you likeys. Not that they will be getting in anyway. No sireee.

Between Christmas and New Year we have a free gig night on Thursday 29th which will feature a couple of semi plugged in rock bands plus a Spanish singer who sounds like a cross between Edith Piaf and Billie Holliday. Remarkable stuff it is.

Other than that we will show a few football games on our big screen, during the day in the holiday period so if you wanna know who is being shown email me to ask.

All the best.

John
07949 008253

all aboard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home