Monday, November 28, 2005

POP quiz tomorrow, live bands night for next to nowt, Christmas and 2006 party

Dear all, I am doing 3 bite sized chunks in this email to aid your word digestion...

QUIZ

Hooray, the pop quiz is back tomorrow night; Tuesday 29th and last month's winners, the shockingly named Hairy Cornflakes can not come so there must be new quiz kings. Max 5 to a team, registration and faffing around from 8 to 830 and the quiz will start then and finish at 1030. There will be prizes for 2nd place and best team name too so please pop along from 8pm.

LIVE MUSIC

On Thursday we have 3 bands playing and then DJ Jonny spinning some fine tunes. Normal price is a fiver but if you let me know in advance then I will put your name on the door for four quid for up to 4 people. So if you come with 3 others you will get in for a quid each. A quid!!!!
The bands are Bugfly, Les Natrels and D-meister. If you can find anything on Dmeister you are a better Googler than I but I have their demos and they are a female fronted band mixing guitar and beats. Which leads nicely to Les Natrels who sound quite like Talking Heads I reckon and finishing off with Bugfly who are quite influenced by Blondie which I am sure you will agree is super. Have a butchers and a listen at www.lesnatrels.co.nr, www.cavern-liverpool.co.uk/cavernclub/profiles/bugfly_profile.htm and www.myspace.com/bugfly

CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR

For Christmas Eve and New Years we will have Maurice DJing Northern Soul, ska, classic house, indie, punk and new wave. I might even have a go myself. We are not sure what time we will open til on Christmas Eve yet (probably 2) but we will stay opem til 4 on New Years Eve and charge the very cheap price if bought in advance of £5 for entry to BOTH. It will be £7 on the night if we have any tickets available for New Years Eve so please let me know asap if you would like to come.

cheers
John
07949 008253

all aboard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home